Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The F - word


Um.. as if that's the worst of it. THIS guy, will even use the C-word to prove his point.

GORDON RAMSAY,
(my latest addition hero alongside Ghandi, Valentino Rossi, Brett Lee & Matthew Pavlich - there may be others who have escaped me, just now)

Is the star of shows such as Hell's Kitchen, the F-Word & Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares - all shows I have recently become addicted to.

Is it his fluency in profanities which appeals to me, his rough presence, his direct approach, brutal honesty, no-BS attitude, his almost caveman-esque masculinity, arrogance, absolute excellence in everything or simply his exuding success?

I'm not sure, but I do love watching the guy & if making serious dollars isn't his main aim/ priority but trying to instill in people an appreciation for the culinary experience is.. then he has inspired me.


I WANNA BE A FOOD CRITIC WHEN I
GROW UP.


Suddenly, any restaurant won't do. Its not that I want to fine dine every night or expect silver service everywhere I go but I do expect food & service worth paying for with our hard-earned cash. Its not too much to ask.

Why is it so hard to find a restaurant which knows how to attract you with clean & funky decor, welcome you with a certain ambience, entertain/ serve you with excellent waitstaff & finally appetize you with beautifully presented dishes & satisfy you with delicious food?

If a job's worth doing, its worth doing well.

2 comments:

Justin said...

We have been to heaps of good restaurants!

Eminem .. Allure .. Balthazar?

Esa said...

We eat out 4 out of 7 days a week.. sometimes 2 or 3 times a day & you can only name 3 restaurants? One of which is closed?

Besides, those are high-end places to dine of which I'm sure there are others which we keep meaning to go to (ie; Tsunami [tonight!], Cream, Jacksons etc..) but my point is, whatever happened to a couple of nice places to have a $40 meal a few times a week?

Ps. You forgot Olive Tree. That was a lovely & intimate birthday dinner one year!